Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning PA
Typically, home fires are not the result of accidents in the kitchen or even candles left burning in unattended rooms. Rather, one of the main causes of a house fire actually comes from a less obvious source – your dryer. While it is advisable to empty out the lint filter from your dryer after every cycle, this action alone does not necessarily protect your home against a sudden fire. In reality, lint particles can travel up the crevices of your filter trap, creating build-up along the dryer vent hose. As a result of this severe blockage, the safety and well being of you and your family is put at risk.
Don’t start thinking about your dryer venting after it’s already too late. You can avoid the potential threat of a fire outbreak with dryer vent services from Elite Fireplace. We only send the most qualified C-DET (Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician) professionals to your home who are happy to provide you with an effective solution and give you peace of mind.
Why Dryer Vent Services are Important for Your Safety
Out of sight, out of mind right? Wrong. A blocked dryer vent may not be visible to the untrained eye but the following statistics from the US Fire Administration are an obvious indication that dryer vent services are more important than ever before:
- Today, there are 2,900 home clothes dryer fires that are reported each year. They cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
- At 34%, a failure to clean is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires.
- Home clothes dryer fires occur more often during the fall and winter months with cases peaking in the month of January. This is owing to the fact that most people cannot dry their clothes outdoors during these months and thus, tend to use their dryers more frequently. Another contributing factor is also the type of clothes worn during the cooler season—sweaters, jackets, wool coats, knitted scarves and tops, etc.
With these statistics in mind, here are a few more advantages of our professional dryer vent services:
- Use the Right Materials – Consider what your dryer venting is made of. In most homes, these components are usually not built with the right materials, nor are they installed according to code. If you are concerned about the venting in your home, work with one of our certified technicians to find out more.
- Prevent Wear and Tear – When lint build-up occurs, it puts significant stress on your machine. The unit will become hotter than normal and as a result, the life of your dryer will be dramatically reduced over time. Furthermore, moist air becomes trapped and may leave behind a moldy smell after use.
- Increase Safety and Efficiency – The more moist air that builds up as a result of lint obstruction, the longer it will take for your clothes to dry. Not only is this extremely frustrating to deal with, but chances are, you will have to run your load of laundry through another dry cycle. Unfortunately, this action results in excess power consumption. A lack of proper ventilation could also lead to a carbon monoxide leak in your home.
Give us a call today at 610-489-4274 to or have one of our professionals answer your questions, or contact us online to schedule an appointment. We proudly serve the residents of Montgomery, Delaware, and Chester County, PA.